Now, here’s a nice blast from the past, today It all hinges on Abraham Lincoln’s height, weight, and height, but we all know he has a lot more depth and dimension as a person. That is why we are going to take the time to look at some facts about the sixteenth President of the United States of America.
See also: Barack Obama height, weight and body measurements
- He was born Abraham Lincoln on February 12, 1809, in a one-room log cabin on the Sinking Spring Farm near Hodgenville, Kentucky. Unfortunately, he was assassinated on April 15, 1865.
- As you may have noticed, the late president had only two names. He was born Abraham Lincoln and remained so throughout his life.
- He is the only president in the history of the United States of America to hold a patent. He invented a device to free steamships that ran aground.
- Illinois is often referred to as “Lincoln country,” but the president didn’t move there until he was 21. It was in Indiana that young Lincoln spent most of his formative years.
- If you think a business mogul who becomes the POTUS is weird, take a load of it. Lincoln was a real wrestler for a while and he was a pretty good one too. He’s actually entered into wrestling’s Hall of Shame because he’s only lost one out of about 300 matches.
- You may have heard that he was actually a lawyer, well, he practiced without a law degree, knowing that he had only studied 18 months and that he certainly needed more time to graduate.
- After his death, grave robbers actually attempted to steal his body, the plan was to hold the corpse for a $200,000 ransom and secure the release of the gang’s top counterfeiter from jail. The plan was foiled by the Secret Service, who eventually protected him, even though he was in death. So now his body is covered in steel and lies 10 feet underground.
- On this note, if you’re looking for who to thank on Thanksgiving Day, look no further. Lincoln effectively established Thanksgiving Day as a national holiday.
Now that we’re done, let’s get down to business, starting with Abraham Lincoln.
See Also: Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Affair With A Maid: 5 Quick Facts
Abraham Lincoln’s Height
As far as the presidents of the United States are concerned, he is certainly the tallest, standing 6 feet 4 inches tall. Even as a child he was tall, he had described himself as “although very young, he was tall for his age”. He didn’t clock the full 6ft 4in until he was 21, although according to medical science there was a secret behind his growth spurt.
According to the Telegraph, new evidence suggests her slim, 6ft 4in may have been caused by a rare genetic condition called Marfan syndrome. The disease affects the body by elongating the limbs and fingers and can cause heart problems. So how exactly did they deduce that the deceased president suffered from this disorder?
Well, it’s technology at work again, apparently. Oxford University has developed a computer program that maps facial features to detect rare genetic diseases. So it only took the diagnosis to get a portrait of the good Abe. His height is quite impressive as he lived at a time when the average height was around 5 feet 6 inches and even to this day he is still the tallest president in America.
Here is a list of remarkable personalities who could have rubbed shoulders with him. Drake, Stephen King, Liam Neeson, Steven Seagal and Michael Phelps share the great deeds of Abraham Lincoln.
Abraham Lincoln weight
Although he had a fairly good muscular structure as a young man, Abraham Lincoln had always been skinny. Some dubious claims that the old POTUS weighed over 90 kilograms in 1931, but it clashes with more reliable claims over time. Apparently, Henry Lee Ross said that Lincoln had never weighed more than 79 kg in his life.
In addition to this, David Turnham recalled that Abraham weighed about 72 kilograms in 1830 and that one of his New Salem neighbors, Camron, crudely described him using the words “skinny as a bean and ugly as a scarecrow”. . So what did the 16th POTUS say his weight was? According to him, he weighed 81.5 kg in 1859 and he would have weighed much less during his presidency.
Body measurements of Abraham Lincoln
Height: 6 feet 4 inches
Weight: 81.5 kilograms
The body: thin
Body measurements: Not available
Foot/Shoe Size: 14 US, 47 EU, 13.5 UK