The name Alexandra Marie Llewellyn is not usually mentioned without reference to the best-selling military novelist, Tom Clancy, her late husband. Regardless, she has built her own portfolio over the years and established herself as a remarkable journalist. Indeed, Alexandra has excelled in the media and as an entrepreneur.
As a fashion figure, she has her own line of accessories reportedly set up to aid her philanthropic pursuits. Llewellyn lost her husband in 2013 and since then she has worked hard to keep her legacy alive. Learn more about the media personality and entrepreneur here.
Biography of Alexandra Marie Llewellyn
We don’t have the exact day or month, but we do know that she was born in 1967 in New York. Alexandra has always been interested in business and started to follow this path from a young age. After high school, she attended college in Bradford where she earned a degree in business administration. She then explored the business world on different platforms.
Alexandra Marie Llewellyn met her late husband in 1997 through a family friend. Despite their big age difference, the two fell in love and started dating. After just two years of knowing each other, Alexandra and Tom Clancy tied the knot on June 29, 1999. The wedding took place at St. Thomas Episcopal Church. Alexandra was 21 and Tom was 53, prompting mixed reactions from the public and, of course, the media. But the happy couple turned a deaf ear to differing opinions and set about building their lives together.
Moving to their home in Maryland, they lived a private life away from the prying eyes of the media. However, in October 2013, Alexandra Marie Llewellyn lost her husband, Tom Clancy, to death. Clancy reportedly suffered from a heart condition that ultimately claimed his life that year. This caused excruciating pain to Clancy’s widow; she least expected it at the time. But over time, she learned to live with it and moved on with her life.
Family: parents and siblings
The business icon is a half-sister to JaylaanAhmad-Llewellyn, her father’s daughter from his previous marriage. Alexandra was born into a wealthy family. His parents; Jacqueline Brown, her mother, and J Bruce Llewellyn, her father, were notable business figures. Bruce, his father was the CEO of Philadelphia Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Llewellyn also worked as a manager for the same company. He ran a federal agency known as the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
With these designations, Alexandra’s father was placed on a pedestal of good name during his busy days and also made sure to secure a bright future for his daughter. Llewellyn’s mother did not go underground; she was popularly known as an assistant fire marshal in New York City. She held this prestigious position for four years.
An unfortunate event happened to the Llewellyns in 2010 when they lost their father and husband. Bruce stepped up to the plate that year, leaving the family with a million-dollar estate from which they benefited greatly afterward.
Other facts to know about Alexandra Marie Llewellyn
- Together, Alexandra and Tom Clancy had a daughter named Alexis.
- Alexandra Marie Llewellyn, also a business expert, then got into fashion and created her own line of accessories.
- The brand has been making waves in the fashion world with different products ranging from stylish handbags to shoes.
- Alexandra is very close to her mother and describes her as her biggest inspiration. Since the death of his father, the two men have held back against the obstacles of life. According to some sources, it was her mother who motivated her to start her own fashion line.
- The deceased author’s wife invests time and money in philanthropy. Reportedly, she is using more of her fashion line’s proceeds for philanthropy.
- If the first marriage with Alexandra Marie Llewellyn was united to Tom Clancy, it is not the same for the late author.
- Prior to Marie, Clancy was previously married to an eye surgeon named Wanda Thomas. The couple married in 1969 and had four children. However, after almost 30 years together, they separated after finalizing their divorce in 1999, the same year Clancy married Alexandra.