Scott Cawthon, an American video game designer, is making waves in the tech industry for his unique approach. It is most popular for the Five Nights at Freddy ‘s game franchise and also for a host of other games like Desperate Hope, Chipper & Son’s Lumber Co, There’s No Pause Button!, and loads of other games. ‘others. Cawthon is indeed a treat for video game enthusiasts scattered across the globe and a force to be reckoned with in the world of competitive technology.
He would have started his career in the 90s when he was very young. Scott engineered his first Doofas game in a YouTube live stream, then began officially releasing his games in the early 2000s. After releasing RPG Max in 2002, he became part of Hope Animation, a company based on the production of Christian animations for children. Still associated with Hope Animation, Scott released one of his first videos The Pilgrims Progress based on John Bunyan’s novel of the same name. He also made several independent films during this time, some of which include Noah’s Ark: Biblical Flood Story (2005), A Christmas Journey (2006) andThe Jesus Kids ‘Club’ (2010).
Cawthon went on to develop several games such as The Desolate Hope, Chipper and Sons Lumber Co, There’s No Pause Button, Sit ‘N Survive and gradually rose to prominence on the technology platform. His big career came in 2014, when he developed the Five Nights at Freddy’s video game, designed as a point-and-click survival mystery. The game was released on Desura in August 2014 after being submitted by the player to IndieDB in July of the same year. The level of success achieved with the game’s release was never predicted by Cawthon. Five Nights at Freddy was one of the best-selling games in the ratings market and was also a huge commercial success. Following the success of the game series, Scott released a spin-off in 2016 for Microsoft Windows.
Other facts about the video game designer
- The game designer was born on July 26, 1971 in Houston, Texas. He attended the Art Institute of Houston.
- Scott Cawthon was on the verge of despair in the early days of his career. After the release of Chipper and Sons Lumber Co and others, the game designer was met with a lot of criticism from stakeholders at the time for capitalizing on the use of realistic robots or animatronics to his game characters. Critics’ reviews got the best of Cawthon, and he even considered quitting design.
- Cawthon rebounded completely after changing his approach and techniques and applying new strategies as he developed his most successful design; Five nights at Freddy’s. His new style was impeccable and it won him great critical acclaim. Five Nights at Freddy’s became one of its most successful series, taking pride of place on the digital distribution platform and achieving big sales. Highly motivated by its success, the game maker then designed four sequels for the game and released them between 2014 and 2016.
- He released a new adaptation for the game titled; Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes in 2015. Two more books Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Twisted Ones and an official guide The Freddy Files also followed in June 2017. The Freddy Files was a compilation of game tips, Easter eggs and character profiles. In December 2017, Scott released a second guide called Survival Journal, an activity book for kids. The book contains a list of tasks to do including grid drawing, activities to complete, word search and many more.
- Scott Cawthon is a devout Christian and strongly upholds the values of Christianity. He is married to his wife, whose name is unknown, and has two children with her. The Cawthon family resides in Salado, Texas.
Scott Cawthon’s net worth
We bet Scott Cawthon had no idea he’d pull it off this big with his passion. The game designer has made a huge fortune from his business. From the FNAF franchise, Cawthon has garnered over $30 million in sales, promotions, views and more. The talented player rests on an estimated net worth of $60 million. We do not forget his books which greatly contribute to his enviable financial status. Scott has sown and watered valuable seeds in the industry and will continue to benefit from them.