From spring floods to ice storms and even severe Boston Morning News meteorologist Shiri Spear isn’t new to predicting the weather in New England, as those are some of the things she’s been dealing with familiar to the Boston StormTracker Weather Center.
Prior to joining the WFXT team in November 2012, the New England native had worked as a meteorologist in Florida for NBC6 and WTVJ. Previously, Shiri Spear worked as a meteorologist and environmental reporter for WWLP-TV22 News, an NBC-affiliated channel located in western Massachusetts. Check it out below.
Shiri Spear Biography, Age
Spear is originally from New England, raised in Hollis, NH. The Boston meteorologist is very secretive about her personal life; so, aside from his place of birth and probably a bit about his educational background, there is so little information about his parents, siblings (if any), date of birth, and early childhood destined to public consumption.
Some sources, however, claim that the media personality was born in 1981 and celebrates her birthday on May 25 every year; Heightline has not confirmed the claims.
Shiri studied meteorology at McGill University, Montreal, Canada, before moving to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina to join her husband, a US Marine, who was stationed there. While in North Carolina, Spear discovered a new love for education and so focused her attention on education.
She had to move to her hometown, New Hampshire, when her husband’s job took him there. While at NH, Shiri Spear pursued studies in education at Rivier University in Nashua.; After earning a BA in high school math education, she taught kindergarten full-time for a few years before returning to school for an MS in atmospheric and environmental science. she packed at UMass Lowell in 2007.
After her M.S Program, she started her career as a meteorologist at WWLP-TV22 Springfield, MA. After more than three years at WWLP-TV22, Shiri decided to perfect her knowledge of tropical forecasting by working at WTVJ Miami from 2010 to 2012. She also worked as an environmental journalist and meteorologist for WWLP-TV22.
In Miami, she rubs shoulders with fellow annual Hurricane Specials which earned them two Emmy nominations. In 2012, the American Meteorological Society awarded it CBM accreditation. That November, Spear joined the WFXT team as a weatherman for the Boston 25 Morning News.
Married, husband, family
Shiri Spear is happily married to a US Marine named Matt. The couple have been married for over ten years and have two adorable daughters – Gabriella and Mia. Shiri doesn’t say much about her family or personal life, but some sources say she was married in 2002 when she was 19; we have not been able to verify these claims.
- Shiri loves to cook and her motto is more chocolate, more delicious!
- Growing up in New Hampshire, Spear spent summers at Dunkin’ Donuts in Hollis – it was actually her first job; if she visits Dunkin’ Donuts today , Shiri says she would order some party donuts like the ones with green frosting, red sprinkles, etc.
- If she wasn’t a meteorologist, she would have taught either grade 7 or kindergarten or volcanology.
- The spear is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs approximately 60 kg; his favorite sport is volleyball. She was captain of her high school volleyball team.
- His annual income is estimated at $126,785 and his net worth is estimated at $1 million.
- Shiri Spear won’t miss any Sci-Fi TV shows; she loves The 100 and she’s a big fan of Game of Thrones
- In September 2011, Shiri, who was a meteorologist for NBC in Miami at the time, donated her peripheral blood stem cells to a cancer patient with a form of lymphoma.
- His family has a dog named Lobo whom they all adore.
- His favorite actor is Chris Hemsworth.
- Spear is active on social media and can be reached on Facebook: @shiri.spearon Twitter: @ShiriSpear and on Instagram: @shirispear
Also Read On: Axelle Francine Biography, Age, Ethnicity, Husband, Children
- Full Name : Shiri’s Spear
- Date of birth : May 25 (year N/A)
- Place of birth : New England,
- Nationality : American
- Ethnicity : White
- Profession : Journalist, meteorologist
- Marital status: Married
- Husband : Matt
- Children : 2 (Gabriella, Mia)
- Salary : $126,785
- Net worth : $1 million
- Education : McGill University, Montreal, Canada, Rivier University, Nashua, UMass Lowell
- Eye color : Brown
- height : 5 ft 2 inches
- Hair color : Blonde